This is a lovely light and fruity dessert to make. Make it the day before you want to serve it, beginning early by making the jelly and letting it set.
What you need
85g packet raspberry jelly
150g sponge finger biscuits, broken in half
Kirsch ( cherry) liqueur, for drizzling
250g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
225g CADBURY White Chocolate Melts
2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed, drained well, then pureed discarding seeds
2½ teaspoons gelatine dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water
2 egg whites
¼ cup caster sugar
1 cup thickened cream, whipped
125g punnet raspberries
- MAKE the jelly according to packet directions, pour into a shallow dish and chill until set.
- PLACE the sponge finger biscuits into the base of a 2.5 litre serving dish and lightly drizzle with Kirsch. Chop up the jelly and place on top of the sponge finger biscuits.
- COMBINE the PHILLY and chocolate in a bowl and stir over gently simmering water, until melted and combined. Remove bowl from heat and stir in the raspberry puree and gelatine mixture. Set aside to cool a little.
- BEAT the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Continue beating whilst gradually adding the sugar, until mixture is thick and glossy. Fold the cream into the cooled PHILLY mixture and then gently stir a third of the meringue. Fold the remainder through and then pour onto sponge finger base and chill until firm.
- TOP with raspberries and serve.