What you need
500g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 cup thickened cream
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
110g finely grated CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate
¼ cup caster sugar, extra
¼ cup coffee flavoured liqueur (Kahlua, Tia Maria)
2 teaspoons CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
500g unfilled rectangular sponge cake, cut horizontally across the cakes to make 1cm thick layers
CADBURY Bournville Cocoa, extra, for dusting
Fresh berries, for serving
- BEAT the PHILLY, sugar, cream and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer until smooth then fold through the chocolate. Reserve ½ cup of the mixture.
- COMBINE the extra sugar, liqueur and cocoa in a microwave safe jug and cook on HIGH for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Cool.
- PLACE 1/3 sponge into a baking paper lined 20cm square cake pan (ensure the paper extends 5cm above the top of the pan to allow for easy removal). Brush or drizzle with a 1/3 of the liqueur mixture.
- SPREAD half of the PHILLY mixture evenly over the sponge. Repeat the sponge and PHILLY layers, finishing off with a third sponge layer. Cover with cling wrap and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- INVERT the cake onto a serving platter and spread top and sides with reserved PHILLY mixture. Lightly dust with cocoa. Chill for 30 minutes before serving with fresh berries.
HANDY TIP: Use a serrated knife to cut sponge into layers. Use a rectangular sponge (20cm x 14cm approximately). Substitute madeira cake for the sponge, if desired.