Here the traditional chocolate Christmas log is “snow covered” with frosting.
What you need
4 eggs, separated
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup cornflour
2 tablespoons CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup icing sugar, sifted
300ml thickened cream
100g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, coarsely grated
- BEAT the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Sift the cornflour and cocoa onto the surface and lightly fold through the mixture.
- BEAT the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir a quarter of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until smooth then fold through the remaining egg whites. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 38cm x 25cm Swiss roll pan.
- BAKE in a hot oven 200°C for 10-15 minutes. Turn out onto a clean tea towel that has been lightly dusted with icing sugar. Carefully remove the paper and roll up along the long edge. Place on a wire rack and leave rolled until cool.
- BEAT the PHILLY until pale and creamy and then add the vanilla and icing sugar and beat to combine. Add the cream and beat until thick.
- UNROLL the sponge, spread evenly with some of the cloud frosting (PHILLY mixture) and then roll up again. Cut a thick diagonal slice off one end of the sponge and attach it to the side to resemble a branch on a serving platter.
- LIGHTLY spread remaining cloud frosting (PHILLY mixture) over the sponge. Sprinkle with grated chocolate to coat then refrigerate until firm.