What you need
1 ½ packets Oreos (200g)
2 Tbsp roasted almonds
2 Tbsp brown sugar
90g unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp powdered gelatine
3 Tbsp hot water
2 x 250g Philadelphia original cream cheese, softened
150g pure icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 cup thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
½ cup caramel topping
180g Cadbury Dark Baking chocolate, divided
½ cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
2 x 30g Cadbury Flake Dark Bars, crumbled, to decorate
Toffee shards to garnish
Extra flaked almonds, to garnish
Caramel sauce to serve
- Combine biscuits, almonds and sugar in a food processor and blitz until crumbs. Add melted butter and blitz until combined.
- Line the base and sides of a 23cm springform cake tin with baking paper and spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Press the biscuit mix into the base of the tin and press firmly with the bottom of a drinking glass or flat cup.
- Freeze the crust for 30 minutes before filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese on low speed for 2 minutes until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and mix until combined.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water, add to the bowl and mix well.
- Chop half the chocolate into small pieces. Set aside the remaining chocolate for the garnish.
- Fold the whipped cream, caramel, chopped chocolate and almonds into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon the filling into the chilled crust and smooth the top.
- Place in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- For the garnish, melt the other half of chocolate and spread in a thin layer onto nonstick baking paper. Allow to set.
- Decorate the cheesecake with shards of chocolate, crumble Flake, caramel shards and almonds. Serve with extra caramel sauce.