What you need
300g (2 cups) plain flour
30g (1/4 cup) Bourneville cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
200g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp red food colouring
1 packet Red Velvet Oreos, crushed
Philadelphia Cream Cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line eighteen 80ml (1/3 cup) capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir through the sugar.
- Whisk the buttermilk, butter, eggs, vinegar and vanilla in a large jug until combined. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
- Add the buttermilk mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in the food colouring.
- Set aside some crushed Oreos for garnish, then add remaining Oreos to the cake mix and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture among the lined pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Pipe or spread over the Philly frosting and serve.