Now here’s a luscious combination… chocolate and orange. A rich and decadent mousse that’s the perfect end to a special meal.
What you need
225g CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts
2 peeled strips of orange rind
1 cup thickened cream, softly whipped
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur
2 eggs, separated
¼ cup caster sugar
- MELT the chocolate and orange rind in a bowl and melt over simmering water. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Remove and discard orange rind.
- WHIP together the cream and liqueur.
- BEAT the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar beating well between each addition. Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate, then fold in the cream. Stir one third of the whites into the chocolate to loosen, and then fold in the remaining whites. Spoon into small serving glasses and chill until lightly set. Decorate with Candied Orange (recipe below) and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 - 1½ hours
what you need
1 navel orange, very thinly sliced
1/4 cup castor sugar, extra
100g CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts, extra melted, if desired
- BLOT the orange slices with paper towel to remove excess juice. Place onto a cooling rack over an oven tray then sprinkle with the sugar. Bake in a moderately slow 140°C for 1 ½-2 hours or until the slices are dry. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- DIP slices of the orange into melted chocolate and allow the excess to run off. Place onto a paper lined tray and allow to set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.