It is always time for ice cream, so make your next Christmas cake an ice cream one!
What you need
1 cup mixed dried fruit
1/3 cup Marsala, brandy or dark rum
1 teaspoon mixed spice
2 litres CADBURY Creamy Vanilla Flavoured Ice Cream, softened slightly
½ cup toasted slivered almonds
110g packet CADBURY Crunchie Sprinkles
150g packet OREO Classic, crushed
40 butter, melted
225g CADBURY Milk Chocolate Melts
½ cup thickened cream
2-3 tablespoons Crème de Cacao liqueur
CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate, grated, for decorating, optional
- COMBINE the dried fruit, Marsala and spice, cover and stand overnight.
- COMBINE the dried fruit mixture with the ice cream, almonds and Crunchie and mix well. Spoon into a plastic lined 21cm x 11cm loaf pan, cover and freeze until firm.
- COMBINE the OREO and butter then press evenly over the top of the icecream. Cover and freeze overnight.
- COMBINE the milk chocolate, cream and liqueur in a saucepan and very gently warm until melted and combined. Cool slightly.
- TURN the cake out from pan onto a serving platter. Decorate with milk chocolate if desired, and serve with chocolate sauce.