What you need
250g premium mixed dried fruit (dates, craisin, fig etc)}
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1/3 cup orange juice
1 ½ cups crushed plain chocolate biscuits
90g butter, melted
- Combine the fruit with the cinnamon and juice in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 100% power for 1 minute. Allow the fruit to plump and cool.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter. Grease and paper line a 25cm springform pan. Grease and line the exterior of a straight sided glass (approx. 10cm diam) and place into the centre of the pan. Press the crumbs into the base around the glass to form a wreath/ring. Chill until firm.
- BEAT the PHILLY, condensed milk and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the prepared fruit and chopped chocolate, then gently fold through the whipped cream. Spoon into the prepared pan, cover and freeze.
- Combine the extra chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl and Microwave on 100% power for 60-90 seconds stirring until melted and smooth to make a sauce. Cool slightly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and twist the glass to remove from the centre, place onto the serving plate. Drizzle the sauce decoratively over the wreath. Return to the freezer until required.
- Decorate with fresh cherries, mint leaves and shards of Flake just prior to serving.
NB: Allow the ice-cream to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes at to soften a little for slicing.