This edible chocolate popcorn wreath makes a beautiful edible centrepiece for your Christmas table! It also makes a great edible gift too.…It must be Christmas!
What you need
½ cup popping corn, prepared as per packet directions with no salt
2 cups sugar
300g CADBURY Milk Chocolate Melts
Edible Christmas decorations
Ribbon, if desired
- LINE a baking tray with baking paper and draw a 30cm circle on the back of the paper. Place the popcorn into a large bowl.
- PLACE the sugar into a saucepan and cook over a medium high heat, without stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar begins to melt. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and carefully add to the popcorn mixture, stirring to evenly coat. Work quickly using 2 metal spoons to shape the popcorn into a wreath, using the outline on the paper as a guide. Allow to cool and set.
- MELT 200g chocolate in a microwave safe plastic bowl on 50% POWER. Begin with 20 second bursts then reduce to shorter bursts as the chocolate melts, stirring well between each burst of power. Only microwave until 75% of the chocolate has melted. The rest will melt as you stir it.
- CAREFULLY remove the wreath from the paper, invert then spread the chocolate over the flat base. Allow to set at room temperature then place right side up onto a serving plate.
- MELT the remaining chocolate as per previous instructions. Drizzle over the top of the wreath then finish with edible Christmas decorations and ribbon if desired. Allow to set at room temperature then store in an airtight container until required.
NB: Store in a cool dark place until required.