These rich chocolate Crème Brûlée are a perfect alternative to Christmas pudding. You may like to make 12 smaller ones if they are the conclusion of a generous Christmas meal.
What you need
2/3 cup fruit mince
600ml thickened cream
½ cup milk
180g CADBURY White Chocolate Melts
½ teaspoon vanilla
7 egg yolks
¼ cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
Silver cachous, for decorating, optional
- SPOON fruit mince into the base of 8 x ¾-1 cup ramekins.
- COMBINE the cream, milk, chocolate and vanilla in a saucepan and gently heat, stirring, to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
- WHISK together the yolks and sugar until thick and sugar has dissolved. Slowly add the hot chocolate mixture to the egg yolks, whisking continuously until combined.
- DIVIDE mixture between ramekins. Place in a baking dish; carefully pour boiling water to halfway up the sides of the ramekins and then bake in a moderately slow oven 150°C for 50 minutes or until just set. Cool on bench for 1-2 hours before refrigerating until cold.
- SPRINKLE top of each crème with extra sugar and then grill until caramelised. Serve immediately, decorated if desired.