OK footy fans this yummy chocolate friand is perfect for the finals!
What you need
175g butter, chopped
100g CADBURY Milk Chocolate Melts
1½ cups icing sugar
¾ cup plain flour
¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
1¼ cups ground almonds
6 egg whites
1½ cups icing sugar, extra, sifted
Red food colouring
White writing icing
- COMBINE the butter and chocolate in a saucepan and gently heat to melt until smooth. Cool a little.
- SIFT together the icing sugar, flour and cocoa, add the almonds, then stir through the cooled chocolate mixture.
- WHISK the egg whites until foamy then fold in the almond mixture. Spoon into 12 greased and base lined friand pans.
- BAKE in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until required.
- MAKE a bright red icing by combining the icing sugar with a little water and red colouring to make a spreadable consistency. Top each friand with some. Stand until firm then use white icing to make “stitches”. Store in an airtight container until required.