Chocolate muffins dressed up for Christmas…mmmm!
What you need
125g butter, chopped
100g CADBURY Dark or Milk Chocolate Melts
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup caster sugar
¾ cup flour
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
375g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup icing sugar mix
1 cup full cream milk powder
120g CADBURY Milk Baking Chocolate
Candy canes, chopped
- PLACE the butter and chocolate in a saucepan and gently heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- ADD the eggs and sugar and stir to combine, and then add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Pour into 12 x 1/3 cup capacity paper lined muffins pans.
- BAKE in a moderate oven 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely.
- BEAT together the PHILADELPHIA, icing sugar and milk powder until light and fluffy. Chill until firm enough to pipe.
- MELT the chocolate in a microwave safe plastic bowl on 50% POWER. Begin with 20 second bursts then reduce to shorter bursts as the chocolate melts, stirring well between each burst of power. Only microwave until 75% of the chocolate has melted. Spread onto baking paper to make a 20cm square. Scatter the candy canes over the chocolate and allow to almost set before cutting out star shapes. Once the chocolate is firm, carefully remove from the paper
- PIPE the frosting onto the cakes then finish with chocolate star. Serve immediately