Chocolate and cherry a match made in heaven, especially when it’s a cheesecake.
What you need
1¼ cup chocolate biscuit crumbs
80g butter, melted
500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water
200g CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate, melted
1 cup sour cream
680g jar pitted sour cherries, well drained and juice reserved
Fresh cherries, for serving
Chocolate curls or shavings, for serving
- COMBINE the biscuit crumbs and butter then press into the base of a greased 20cm springform pan. Chill until firm.
- BEAT the PHILLY and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the gelatine and chocolate and mix until smooth then fold through the sour cream and cherries.
- POUR the mixture over the prepared base. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- REDUCE the cherry juice to a syrup by simmering in a saucepan for 10-15 minutes. Cool.
- TOP cheesecake with cherries and chocolate and serve with a drizzle of syrup.