What a pretty Christmas chocolate cheesecake this one is, and great for entertaining because most of the preparation may be done a day ahead!
What you need
1¼ cup sweet biscuit crumbs
80g butter, melted
500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
¼ cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
200g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
Peppermint essence, to taste, optional
1 cup thickened cream, softly whipped
12 mini candy canes
100g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, extra
150g mini candy canes, extra, chopped
Berries, for serving
- COMBINE the biscuit crumbs and butter then press into the base of a greased 20cm springform pan. Chill until firm.
- BEAT the PHILLY and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the gelatine, chocolate and peppermint essence and mix until smooth. Fold through the whipped cream. Pour the mixture over the prepared base. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- ARRANGE 6 pairs of candy canes together on a baking paper lined tray to make heart shapes.
- MELT the extra chocolate in a microwave safe plastic bowl on 50% POWER. Begin with 20 second bursts then reduce to shorter bursts as the chocolate melts, stirring well between each burst of power. Only microwave until 75% of the chocolate has melted. Spoon into the centre of the heart shaped candy canes and allow to set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container until required.
- REMOVE cheesecake from pan, then press the chopped candy cane up the sides of the cheesecake to decorate. Top with the cane hearts and extra berries. Serve immediately.
NB: Be sure to decorate just prior to serving otherwise with the moisture of the cheesecake and refrigeration will cause the sugar in the canes to dissolve.