Tartlets made with Cadbury Dairy Milk Roast Almond Chocolate are perfectly delicious for a special afternoon tea!
What you need
1¼ cups flour
¼ cup icing sugar
¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
125g butter, chopped
1/3 cup thickened cream
200g CADBURY DAIRY MILK Roast Almond, broken into pieces
1 cup caster sugar
¼ cup water
50g slivered almonds, toasted
- COMBINE flour, sugar, cocoa and butter in a food processor and process just until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and process briefly to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead to form soft dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- ROLL out pastry on a floured surface to ¼ cm thick. Using a 6.5-7cm fluted cutter, cut 12 rounds of pastry and press into a non-stick round bottom patty pan. Prick well with a fork. Bake in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 6-8 minutes until cooked. Allow to stand 5 minutes in the pan then remove to a wire rack. Cool.
- HEAT the cream in a saucepan and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Whisk vigorously until smooth then spoon into pastry cases and set aside to firm.
- COMBINE the sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Allow to boil for 3-5 minutes without stirring until golden. Remove from the heat and carefully pour over almonds that have been scattered on a paper lined tray. Allow to cool and set. Break into shards once cool.
- SERVE tartlets decorated with shards of praline on the top.
TIP: Pastry cases may be made ahead and stored in an airtight container. Serve the ganache filled tarts within a few hours or store in the refrigerator.