Scary Chocolate Jack O’Lantern Cupcakes
This is a Halloween Treat everyone will love to share, made of delicious little chocolate cupcakes!
what you need
1 1/3 cups SR flour
½ cup CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
125g butter, well softened
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup water
100g CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts, melted and cooled slightly
200g butter, extra, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla, extra
3 cups icing sugar, sifted
1/3 cup milk
Green food colouring
Orange food colouring
- COMBINE in a bowl the sifted flour and cocoa, butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and water and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon the mixture into 12 x 1/3 cup capacity paper lined muffins pans.
- BAKE in a moderate oven 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely.
- SPOON the chocolate into a piping bag with a small plain nozzle (or in a strong plastic bag and snip off a corner.) Pipe a Jack ‘o’ Lantern smile and eyes on baking paper and allow to set.
- BEAT the extra butter until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla, then the icing sugar and milk in 2 batches. Place 2 tablespoons of buttercream in a small bowl and colour green. Colour the remaining buttercream orange. Chill until firm enough to spread.
- CUT one cupcake to resemble a pumpkin stalk shape, then ice with green buttercream. Assemble the remaining cakes into a rough pumpkin shape then ice all over with the orange buttercream including the gaps between cakes. Add the green cake for the stalk. Then top with the chocolate smile and eyes. Chill until the icing is firm. Use as required.